Wax Gourd, also known as Benincasa hispida, winter melon, ash gourd, white pumpkin, or Chinese watermelon, It is used as vegetables in many countries, and also there are various health benefits of having wax gourd.
Nutrition in Wax Gourd
Nutrition in each 100-gram of raw wax gourd offers
|Protein||less than 1 gram|
|Fiber||less than 1 gram|
|Vitamin C||14% of the Daily Value (DV)|
Ash gourd also contains smaller quantities of iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, and multiple other B vitamins.
Health benefits of Wax Gourd
- Eating wax gourd nourishes the body and enhances its physical ability.
- This vegetable apart from providing nourishment also keeps the lungs in good health. The seed of the wax gourd is also effective in killing intestinal worms.
- Extraction of 2-4 teaspoons of wax gourd juice, mixing it with sugar and taking it regularly for 4 months provides relief from acidity or indigestion.
- It is also useful for patients suffering from epilepsy or mental illness.
- Consumption of the juice of wax gourd is effective in case of diabetes too. Various preparations like jam, halva, sauce and sweets of this vegetable are a panacea for numerous diseases.